What is in the background of this?

SuperPeacockman

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Long Island, NY
66845_image.jpeg

Are you sure you know what the birds in front are?They are the hens and the beauty in the back is the male doing his breeding display.
In N.H.,Tony.

Excellent video,thanks for sharing it.Yes,they are available in the U.S.Not many breeders of them though.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:
Ow he is so much bigger I thought he was a different kind

Watch here David Attenborough gets his butt kicked by a Capercaillie
gig.gif

Quote:
They have been and are still kept in captivity but I don't know of any in the USA. They eat mainly bushes and fruit from berries (especially blueberry) and insects, and live in thick primary forested areas all across Northern Europe from Scotland to the far Eastern Russia where there is old growth habitat. The only thing I know about them is they don't take warm weather very well, even in the summers where they are native there can be snow on the ground until August or September, although impeyan pheasants do fine in captivity and they come from the Himalayas.

One thing about grouse, they are not easy to raise requiring so much in the way of maintenance and cage cleanliness to keep them healthy. Ask other members about prairie chickens or grouse and see who keeps the different species and how much is involved while you search for some for sale that way you are prepared if you find some.

Back
Top Bottom