1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is it?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by becky3086, Dec 4, 2008.

1. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    This is the ugliest chick I have ever had. It just won't seem to feather out. All the others that hatched at the same time have feathered out nice but this one is so ugly. It was supposed to be a purebred salmon favorelle--obviously not. Anyone want to guess?
    [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Are your other chicks salmon favorelles as well? Maybe they get their color as they get older. I know my red pyle OEGB's do that. I'm not familiar with favorelles that well, but it doesn't look like one to me. Maybe a cochin? What did it look like as a new chick?

3. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    This was the only one of these that I had hatch. It looked just as ugly as a new chick, never did puff out like the rest.
    Becky

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    How many toes does it have? It looks like a cockerel, and does not have the coloring of a salmon male, he's probably a faverolle x.

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Yeah, only 4 toes [​IMG]

6. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    Looks like it could be a light brahma the comb appears single though, maybe a brahma cross. they are real slow feathering.

7. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Well, that would be a nice mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by