What is it?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by acarter, Oct 28, 2010.

1. acarter

acarter New Egg

Oct 28, 2010
    Greenwood
    [​IMG]][/img]

[​IMG]

Anyone have any idea what kind of chicken this is? This was a class project that my son did. They incubated eggs till they hatched and all the children got a chick. Nobody can figure out what kind they are? Pretty sure it is a hen thou. thanks

2. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I'm not sure, but they seem like mutts to me. They almost look laced, but waiting awhile may help it develop into a more obvious pattern. I'd also like to see their comb, that'd help determine the gender as well as the breed.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  3. acarter

acarter New Egg

Oct 28, 2010
    Greenwood
    Thanks so much! The more research I do keeps leaning towards an American Game Bantam. @

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Mixes of some kind. They look a little like my easter eggers started out looking except for the light legs.

You have this posted in the wrong section of the forum. You will get more input if you put in the What Breed section.

5. acarter

acarter New Egg

Oct 28, 2010
    Greenwood
    :/Yes I realized after the fact that it posted in the wrong area~ wasn't sure how to get it were I needed it! I am new at this whole "message board" thing. Thanks

6. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Quote:I see that now - 4 posts. WELL - WELCOME to BYC's the best place to find out about how to raise chickens plus.

Maybe one of the nice moderators will move it for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by