What is life to you?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by percyj, Dec 31, 2010.

1. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Now I'm not getting religious whatsoever, and I don't even know if this is the right place to put this, but... I was sitting around wondering what does life mean to people. Here I'll start an example. Fell free to post pics in addition to your words.

To me life is...
    When my dog is cuddled up with a teddy bear on my lap. (60 lb lab pit mix and I love him )
    The look on a girl with autism the first time she rode a pony I was leading at s volunteering program
    The first snowfall in Chicago at night when magic seems to be in the air
    My hamster falling asleep in my shirt (RIP Sammy)

2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Life, to me, is the highs and the lows, and knowing that "this too shall pass". Given that, some of the good things in life are looking in the face of my babies the first time; cuddling my kitties; seeing the happiness in my dog when he gets a new bone, or just gets to go for a walk; being able to just sit quietly reading with my DH next to me.

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Life is learning to be happy with enough.
    Finding the right one. The birth of my children.
    Seeking and attaining 2 dream jobs.
    The love of a loyal pet.
    The knowledge that I am a child of the most high God.

4. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Life is trying new things, and... Well, I could carry on forever, but it might then get religious in here, so... [​IMG] The End.

5. ptots

ptots Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2010
    brevard nc
    [​IMG] Life is a journey between the eternities.

6. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Quote:[​IMG] Haha! That's the kind of easy way that I need to know how to put things!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Life is a journey of learning and growing. Surviving on "one day at a time" and "this too shall pass." My personal mantra, "Do nothing to intentionally hurt another."[​IMG]

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Life is what YOU make of it! [​IMG]

9. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Life is being part of the whole; and making the whole better...

10. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Quote:Yes!!! [​IMG] A short blip of learning before going on to the REAL life.

I read an article once about a young man being interviewed for a high paying executive position. When he was asked what his life goal was he replied, "To go to Heaven and take as many people with me as I can!"

Loved that reply!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by