What is my big boy? Maran??

piper2009

Songster
10 Years
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Hi all, This is my almost 1 year old, 8.5lb, total sweetheart Hoss!
big_smile.png

Anyway, I am trying to figure out what breed he is, but I am not at all sure. I was kinda thinking he looked like a French Copper Maran, but I am no expert so if anyone has a guess on his breed I would love to hear it!
smile.png

~Alex

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
he might e a golden cuckoo marans but the reds just way to deep hmmm....try posting his pic on the marans thread and keep a close eye on it as that thread moves very fast and you might have to post several times depending on how fast the threads moving

piper2009

Songster
10 Years
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
@ramirezframing, okay and thanks. :)

@Lothiriel, He really does kinda look like a Golden Cuckoo Maran! Thanks! :)

@hdowden, Okay I'll try that thanks! :)

@Margites, I am sorry but he is not for sale, his hatch mate (Regal) is though. :) Regal is a really nice looking Cuckoo Maran, he has a really nice posture and is great with the girls! I would love to keep him but I don't have the room for both of them. I can post pictures of him if you are interested. :)

~Alex

HenThymes

pippin ain't easy
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Foothills of NC
My guess is that he is a single dose barred gold cuckoo. Being that golds are much project color, variations as still all over the place. My only other guess would be a gold cuckoo/wheaten cross as I think I see some red flecking in the chest area?? He is also English and not French as he has clean legs.
wink.png
Very handsome I might add!

Top Bottom