What is my little peep! PIC + at least tell me he's cute :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Annie75, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Annie75

Annie75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    My lovely Lulu (with my help...see my last topic for awesome story) hatched 9 little guys for me. 2 x light sussex, 1 x possibly speckled sussex (it's brown so I can't see how it's a light sussex like the guy said), 2 x are obviously silkie, and supposedly 4 x pekin bantam frizzles. Would you mind checking this photo for me? I've put a convenient arrow to the guy who looks different. He is small, came from a bantam sized egg I'll also put up the photo of the moment he hatched (in my bed [​IMG] because he has obviously different coloured beak, legs, feet and a ring around his/her eyes. He's mostly black and as a novice I have no idea what he could be. The guy I got the eggs from tried to sell me Japanese bantams....could he be one of those?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. so lucky

so lucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2011
    SE Missouri
    I have no idea what it is but it is cute![​IMG]

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

im guessing somthing barred lol.

4. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    He sure looks like a barred rock baby to me [​IMG] Even though that wasn't in your list of possibilities, that's what that little cutie sure looks like to me.

5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

maybe some kind of maran, his legs r black, hes barred whatever he is, cute tho

6. Annie75

Jul 17, 2011
    Thanks everyone. Naive me had to google Barred Rock and Maran....and YES he does look like either of those. And now I'm doing this [​IMG] because either way s/he's gonna be CUTE!!! I reckon I'll let him grow some and then post another pic ok?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  7. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    He does look like he has barring to me, too. Did the guy you got the eggs from have any barred birds running around?

And I just have to say that even though I'm not a silkie person, I LOVE your Lulu! She might just be the most interestingly beautiful chicken I've ever seen [​IMG]

8. Annie75

Jul 17, 2011
    Quote:Why thankyou!! I've been having such a miserable time this week and you BYC peeps make me feel so much better. The guys I bought the eggs from gets them from his parents so I just had to take his word for what they were. It would be easy to mix eggs up. I agree about Lulu...but then I would! In real life you can't help but watch her do even the most ordinary things. I even know her language now and know exactly what she needs and when. She's like an old school marm with her babies. They do EXACTLY what she says when she says to and when she walks it's like she's swishing her skirts around. She's so proud of her adopted babies too - don't even suggest they're not 'hers'. I really do hope my odd chickie turns out to be barred...and a girl (because I'm not allowed roosters here). She'll be a gift for my little niece.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  9. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

No idea, but that silkie looks just like my Miko. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by