What is my little peep! PIC + at least tell me he's cute :)

Annie75

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
My lovely Lulu (with my help...see my last topic for awesome story) hatched 9 little guys for me. 2 x light sussex, 1 x possibly speckled sussex (it's brown so I can't see how it's a light sussex like the guy said), 2 x are obviously silkie, and supposedly 4 x pekin bantam frizzles. Would you mind checking this photo for me? I've put a convenient arrow to the guy who looks different. He is small, came from a bantam sized egg I'll also put up the photo of the moment he hatched (in my bed
smile.png
because he has obviously different coloured beak, legs, feet and a ring around his/her eyes. He's mostly black and as a novice I have no idea what he could be. The guy I got the eggs from tried to sell me Japanese bantams....could he be one of those?

100225_funnypeep.jpg

100225_whatishe.jpg

100225_p1040025.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Naive me had to google Barred Rock and Maran....and YES he does look like either of those. And now I'm doing this
ya.gif
because either way s/he's gonna be CUTE!!! I reckon I'll let him grow some and then post another pic ok?

Last edited:
He does look like he has barring to me, too. Did the guy you got the eggs from have any barred birds running around?

And I just have to say that even though I'm not a silkie person, I LOVE your Lulu! She might just be the most interestingly beautiful chicken I've ever seen
love.gif

Quote:
Why thankyou!! I've been having such a miserable time this week and you BYC peeps make me feel so much better. The guys I bought the eggs from gets them from his parents so I just had to take his word for what they were. It would be easy to mix eggs up. I agree about Lulu...but then I would! In real life you can't help but watch her do even the most ordinary things. I even know her language now and know exactly what she needs and when. She's like an old school marm with her babies. They do EXACTLY what she says when she says to and when she walks it's like she's swishing her skirts around. She's so proud of her adopted babies too - don't even suggest they're not 'hers'. I really do hope my odd chickie turns out to be barred...and a girl (because I'm not allowed roosters here). She'll be a gift for my little niece.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom