What is my new babies breed??!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hapigrl, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Hapigrl

Hapigrl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    St Augustine, Florida
    I am so new to this so any help is sooooo appreciated! Bought 4 Barred Rocks, and 2 Bantams. I am dying to know what breed the Bantams are! The picture posted is Willy and as you can see he/she has a white face. The other chick is all black. They also had a lot of yellow/cream colored chicks in the same tub. Any ideas? Thank you :)[​IMG]

2. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    He/she looks like a Belgian d'Anver or a Golden Sebright to me.

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    It's a cute little Quail Belgian d'Anver. I have 4 just hatched in my incubator right now.

5. Hapigrl

Apr 12, 2012
    St Augustine, Florida
    Well there seems to be a common answer!! :) THANKS SO MUCH! Now I have to go check it out!! I am soooo excited!! hehe!!

6. Hapigrl

Apr 12, 2012
    St Augustine, Florida
    How soon do you think we can determine sex?

7. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Not very soon, judging by mine. [​IMG] The little combs are pretty flat. I think I can pick out my little roosters at about 4 weeks because their combs are getting red. This is my first time raising this breed.

8. Hapigrl

Apr 12, 2012
    St Augustine, Florida
    OMG!! I cant stand it!! I have been poking around the site tho. I have seen where they talk about the tails on some breeds roo's. My babies are only a week old, but feathering by the hour. The black one Nelson, is getting tail feathers, where as Willy isnt! Curious indeed dont you think??? lol!!

9. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Chicks feather out a at different rates. Usually cockerels feather in slower than pullets, but there are plenty of chicks who don't follow that rule [​IMG]

10. Hapigrl

Apr 12, 2012
    St Augustine, Florida
    ooooh Peeeka, IF he/she is a Belgian, and IF males are slower to feather, ooooooh how hapi I would be!!! lol!! after the kind feed back I of course searched for pics, and omg!! I am just so impatient wanting to know what we got!! I am usually a very patient person, but soooo not in this case ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by