What is my roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lil Chickie Mama, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    [​IMG]
    I stole this pic from a different site, but that's what my guy looks like except he has black legs. I though he was a bantam brown leghorn but now I don't remember how I came to that conclusion, he is a bantam though and just like this pic he has the fluff on his butt. His brother is black though which is weird and has the white legs but I think this was a different hen/rooster combo that was accidentally thrown in by the gal I got them from.

2. Lil Chickie Mama

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    I remember now, I thought he was a bantam brown leghorn because of how his sisters and the mom look too. [​IMG] (another stolen pic, my girls combs aren't that big, they're tiny tiny tiny close to the head but still a single comb)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    You might want to try posting pics of your own birds, so we can guess based on their actual appearance.

4. Lil Chickie Mama

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    Okay sorry [​IMG] I'll do that in just a little while and update it. I have to wait for DH to get home so I can have the camera.

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Thats not a leghorn *red earlobes*

6. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm guessing red Jungle Fowl

7. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    The hen looks like my OEG bantams,my one guy is a BBR OEG.Look on feathersite.com at Old English bantys.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Lil Chickie Mama,

The hen has white ear lobes she could be a light brown leghorn but the rooster in your first post has red ear lobes. He could be a old english or a american game bantam...

Chris

9. Lil Chickie Mama

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    Hmm, okay I'm going to have to take pics of them tomorrow if it's sunny enough. It's weird though, one roo and one chicken have white legs and the other pair have black. I'll get some good pics of earlobes and legs and everything.

10. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    Hi I got a shot of my BBR OEG boys & girls. Do your's look like these?
    One of the darker girls has some black on her legs.Also are they are my sweetest birds ,they jump on my back if I bend over.[​IMG] The boys don't really fite much with eachother which is nice!.Bottom pic is them as chicks. Hope that helps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by