What is on my Rooster's feet??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jackrooster, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jackrooster

jackrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG]

Umm.... what are these bubbles??

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Looks like BUmblefoot.. Try a search for it in the search engine.. Lots of remedies

3. jackrooster

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    is it life thretning or contagous to other chickens??

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    NO it is from trauma... Can you take a pic of the bottom of the foot? If there is a black scab on the bottom? if so you will need to take care of it or it coul dbe life threatening to your roo

5. jackrooster

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    okayyyy......what should i so if there is a black scab on the bottom of his foot......?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Look up bumblefoot in the search. There are numerous threads on how to treat it, some with my name on them as author.

7. jackrooster

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    how do obtain anibiotics for bumbled leg?? All the medication that i saw were cillans and they were over the counter medication my mother said and what is probiotic??

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Don't use antibiotic's except like triple antibiotic ointment with out pain killer. You have to remove the scab and puss from the bumblefoot and keep foot bandage and change bandage everyday, Just use the search and type in bumblefoot there is some really great information already on here about how to treat it.

9. jackrooster

Jan 17, 2010
    Maine
    sooo pick the scab and cut open the bubble to drain the puss??

10. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Quote:Make sure when you are doing anything with the foot wear rubber gloves. there is staph infection under the scab. Make sure you do the search on here for bumblefoot. Cyn has some really great advice that I followed along with dawg53, on how to remove the scab and puss. It does include soaking the foot and how to remove the bumblefoot. Make sure to do the search that is what I did when my hen had bumblefoot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by