What is our girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wolfbaine30, Dec 28, 2008.

1. wolfbaine30

wolfbaine30 Crazy Rooster

May 5, 2008
    Blue Ridge,Georgia
    We need help identifing our very first girl.She is around 9 months old,no eggs yet,and our baby.Any help will be appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    She looks like a mix. The black markings make me want to say she's part light brahma. Maybe someone who really knows their breeds can tell you for sure.

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
  4. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I forgot about the Delawares. Plus LB's would have feathered feet. I change my guess!

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

haha,, she looks like some of my rir/leghorn mutts lol,,, she's pretty,, and big.

6. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I would say she has some Delaware in her, but now full bred. She is mixed with another heavy breed, that one Big girl you got there! She is pretty.

7. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

almost like a BO crossed with something white and black,,, lol,, she's got alot of orange in her.

8. wolfbaine30

May 5, 2008
    Blue Ridge,Georgia
    Where you at Speckledhen?You might can help.....LOL! [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm here! Treading water as fast as I can today, LOL. She does not have a Delaware body type. I believe she is probably a Del/Leghorn cross. Why she's not laying yet is a mystery, unless she's hiding them somewhere.

10. wolfbaine30

May 5, 2008
    Blue Ridge,Georgia
    Well the missing eggs is a wonder.I have her paired up with a Dom,and she is in a closed off coup.We dont know what her issue is.But this is the gal Cynthia that I got those Deleware boy off you for.Maybe I can get some pures out of her....if she will ever go to laying that is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by