What is Pretty Girl ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shannoniganshens, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Shannoniganshens

Shannoniganshens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think EE/Ameracauana, but she's so full, came from a hatchery, woman had more hatch than she thought would hatch, like 200 eggs or something. She's very sweet and friendly, not skittish or jumpy like my bearded ones, and they are the same age, just smaller, Pretty Girl is a big bird, stands out from the rest of my hens/roosters. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas are two completely different things. [​IMG]

She's not an EE though. She's a production cross. Her color and body type are the typical production red (hatchery quality RIR) but her leg color is wrong and her skin is dark.

3. Shannoniganshens

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    I already know this, thank you. Just wondering if she is one or the other or if I'm totally off base with her. You never know with people your dealing with around here. She is the only out of 13 I haven't been able to identify the breed on. Of course with the help of you great BYC people or I would of been in google circles and 2nd guessing myself. [​IMG]

4. happymorrows

happymorrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Morganton, NC
    I could be wrong, but don't Ameraucana's have beards as well as the muffs? It looks like she has muffs, but no beard. If it is one or the other I would guess EE. I love my EEggers, they are the most friendly (or hungriest, I can't tell [​IMG] ) of my bunch.

5. Shannoniganshens

Jul 25, 2010
    West TX
    Ah, well, she lays a pretty good size light brown egg, she's a sweet keeper either way. Thanks ya'll.

6. RL

RL Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Oak Point, TX
    I was going to say she looks like a New Hampshire or maybe a production Red, but it looks like she has dark legs, feet and her beak seems a bit dark as well, unless it's just dirt. Anyway, she looks real close to a New Hampshire to me.

7. beth59

beth59 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2009
    Pensacola, Fl
    RIR mix?? Production red mix? She IS pretty, whatever she is. Our original bunch of hens that we got from the local feed store were labled particular breeds, but are most likely mixes of those said breeds. Whatever hatchery that the store ordered them from didn't have really good consistency in their chicks based on the ones we got. Still, we've enjoyed them and they've been good hens.

Beth

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Body type and color of a production red, but clueless as to who provided the dark legs and dark facial skin. The brown egg she lays is one of many indicators that show she is not an EE.

9. happymorrows

happymorrows Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Morganton, NC
    One of my EEggers (hatchery) lays brown eggs. But I agree that this lady doesn't really look like and EEgger.

10. SugarDuck

SugarDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Lamar, AR.
    She looks exactly like our two production reds that we have. Other than the dark legs. I'm sure like others have mentioned she's a production cross of some sorts. They are great layers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by