What is Roscoe?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by streetglide, Aug 20, 2010.

1. streetglide

streetglide Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    I hope this picture works! I'm a computer dummy it must have taken me 45 minutes!
    This is my freebee exotic chick that Murray McMurray sent with my order. He's 5 weeks old and is my buddy. If I'm in the coop he's either on my shoulder or on my knee.
    He's scared of nothing, the Australorpes run he stays to investigate. I'm just curious as to what breed he is, he's been beautiful since he was 3 days old. He started crowing last week so I know he is a he. Thanks, Greg

[​IMG]

2. streetglide

Jul 17, 2010
    I'm a puter genius! I actually got something to work! It's not the clearest, but it was from my phone!

3. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    [​IMG] Greg!

I don't know what he is but he is a cute little thing! Hope someone else comes along to help you out!
    [​IMG]

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Just a wild guess, but maybe a Golden Campine. When Roscoe gets older you might be able to tell easier what breed.

5. JustDawn

JustDawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2009
    Alpharetta Ga
    I will go with Golden Campine as well.

6. streetglide

Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks guys! I guess as with the sex of the other 34, time will tell!
    Roscoe makes 35!
    It's one one those deals were I'd really rather have an Australorpe Rooster with my Australorpe hens.
    Half of this brood belong to a buddy, problem is I ordered 30 hens, and 4 roos, not counting Roscoe the freebee. They weren't marked! How was I gonna tell 'em apart! So I've been baby sitting...and feeding...and waiting...and feeding. I've got some that have larger combs and wattles....but, I really don't know ....yet!
    And Roscoes such a comical little bugger, I hate to let him go to an uncertain fate. Besides he crowed first!

7. streetglide

Jul 17, 2010
    I'll say Golden Campine also!!!!! THANK YOU! I saw they coloring in the breeds index, but overlooked it because of the solid colored head. When I clicked on the pictures and it showed the adolescent...BINGO! That's my boy!
    Thanks much, Greg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by