What is she?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tina12, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Tina12

Tina12 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    I bought 6 pullet chicks at our local feed store. 3 so called Ameracaunas and 3 Buff Orpingtons. They are 6 weeks old now:

[​IMG]

This Americauna looks so much different than the other two. What is she?

[​IMG]

2. morgan36

morgan36 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Southern Ohio
    does she have the puffs on her face?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  3. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

It's just a pretty beardless EE, I have two =) The other two are EEs as well, they just have beards. Pretty birds!

4. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Those aren't Ameraucanas, they are Easter Eggers. They come in every color and many lovely patterns.

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    What you get at hatcheries or feed stores are not going to be true Ameraucanas but are more properly called Easter Eggers or EE’s. Hopefully they will lay blue or green eggs for you.

Those EE’s are a mix of different colors or patterns. When you cross mixes like that you can get a wide variety of different colors and patterns. I think you will be quite pleased when they get their adult plumage, but don’t expect them to be purebreds.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  6. Tina12

Tina12 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    Yes she is beardless. I thinks she is beautiful. Easter Eggers, I suppose that fits because they all look different...lol

Thanks

7. abuhussain

abuhussain New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    Hi backyard, we are from bahrain and we are looking for serama eggs that could be shiped to bahrain, we are welling to know the prices and quatities and the differnce between each type A B C, thanks and cheers Ali Abbas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by