What is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tiempo, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Tiempo

Tiempo Songster

Oct 19, 2008
    Stockbridge, MI
    I think she's a heinz 57, but I'm open to ideas [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikarod

mikarod Songster

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    OMG....that bird is gorgeous!!!!

Looks like she's got some Australorp in her...maybe Blue Australorp in her somewhere's???

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

I agree, what she is is gorgeous! She looks like a cross, but one worth trying to copy.

4. Tiempo

Tiempo Songster

Oct 19, 2008
    Stockbridge, MI
    [​IMG] Thank you! Her name is Jessica, but we call her the glamor queen! I just love her.

I went to pick up 2 Buff Orpintons from a CL ad, and I saw her running around in the sale pen...I had to have her!

The seller had a clutch of her babies, but they looked nothing at all like her, they looked like she had got some one on one time with a Polish roo [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  5. Tiempo

Tiempo Songster

Oct 19, 2008
    Stockbridge, MI
    Quote:Any ideas what I could look for in a roo to try to reproduce that look? I'd LOVE that [​IMG]

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Any ideas what I could look for in a roo to try to reproduce that look? I'd LOVE that [​IMG]

i'd take a blue rooster.. (maybe something that has that look.. perhaps a Black Australorp. or blue one... or some other kind of breed that looks like that). Then you take the babies... and breed back to her.. will be 3/4th her.. and should be her color.. if not do it again..

-Daniel

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

This is a job for tadkerson! oh, Tim, where are you??? I'm not the one to ask. I plead ignorance. [​IMG]

8. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Hmm maybe a buff orph X blue orph rooster over her it might be that that was her original cross.

Henry

9. skydancer28

skydancer28 In the Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    Is it my imagination--or wishful thinking--but does her comb appear to be cup-shaped?

Diane

10. Bex

Bex Songster

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    She is beautiful! No help on the breed though. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: