what is sweetie bird

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by muddyhorse, Jun 24, 2010.

1. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Ok here is what I know, I'm 99 % sure she is a pullet, and is mille Flur ( I can't spell ) but what breed is she ???????????? her legs are willow green if that helps. DD 6 and Hubby wandered off at a swap and came back with her.
    Me " what is she ? " Hubby, "chicken?" Me " where did you get her ?" Hubby , " a guy". Me," what did you pay?" DD, " a dollar."
    she is very sweet and will fall asleep while DD holds her, DD would like to take her to the county fair, so what is it. or just a cute mix.
    [​IMG]

2. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    do you know about how old she is and do you know if she is a bantam or not? And does it look like it has a beard? Sorry I can't tell by the picture.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

she looks like a mille fleur bantam or a mille fleur cross.

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    No beard, shes just glaring at me. strait comb, I think she is a couple of months old, her neck feathers are brightening up but her comb hasn't redden yet. she is small 4" high, 8" long. she easily fits in your hand.

5. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    what a great looking chicken for a dollar! [​IMG] i don't know what breed she might be... but someone wlll know!

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:Mille Fleur is a colour mot a breed. She is Mille Fleur in colour. Appears to be a young bird who is still getting her colour. She should become more spangled as she matures. Possibly a Mille Fleur Old English Game Bantam.

7. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    She looks just like my D'uccles before they had a beard but I dont think that is what she is. Maybe a Japanese chicken or a none bearded Watermaal. Just a guess

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    She's a Mille Fleur Old English Game Bantam. [​IMG]

9. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:Odd, most d'Uccles have feathered legs?

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Odd, most d'Uccles have feathered legs?

ALL d'Uccles have feathered legs. d'Anvers do not. But, the latter are not bred in Mille Fleur.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by