What is taking so LOOOOONG!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cindiloohoo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Well it hasn't quite been 21 days [​IMG] but I am IMPATIENT this time!!! I got eggs from kathyinmo 3 weeks ago tomorrow...they're rockin, and I can't keep my face away from that little plastic window, then I steam it up and get mad at myself because I can't see! [​IMG] What the crud is wrong with me!?!?! I never get crazy over a hatch...

I'm going to check for pips again [​IMG]

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Remember to hold your breath when peering thru the window [​IMG]

3. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Well if I held it every time I have gone in there today, I'd likely have brain damage by now [​IMG] Still no pips yet [​IMG]

4. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    A watched egg never hatches lol, or at least takes forever [​IMG] What kind of chicken eggs did you get?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:I got some new blood for my Delaware's. Hoping for a nice roo and several nice hens from this batch. 18 eggs made it to lockdown!!! Seems like it is taking forever!

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:[​IMG]

Turn your head to the side to breathe - like a swimmer [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    4 developed that I am certain of(did not open the rest...couldn't make myself this time)...3 pipped, NONE made it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I give up, my last several hatches have ALL been crappy. When I first started hatching they hatched great. Now, I can't do anything right! I've checked my temp/humidity readings, tested the hygrometer, calibrated, disinfected EVERYTHING, AND let the bator bake in the sun, even bought a brand new bator.....nothing. I have 2 chicks to show for that new bator [​IMG] Anybody want to buy some used incubators? I have 3 Hovabators FOR SALE! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CHICKENBOY 1

CHICKENBOY 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    dont give up i've had a ton of no hatches and now i got a hen setting but i did'ent give up

9. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    the only time i ever got chicks was from my hen who sat on some eggs:^] but i had tried some diy incubators before that failed. i just bought a hovabator and i hope it works ok though...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by