1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is that? The outdoors!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mullers3acers, May 9, 2008.

1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    We recieved our first batch of cornish cross Mar 3. We have kept them in the brooder then transferred them to the small chicken coop which has a window. They have not been getting any bigger than about 3 to 4 lbs. We'd like them a little bigger for butchering. So I let them out into the small chicken yard. They have been huddling at the door wondering what to do. I can't even imagine what they are thinking. Will give you an update to how they adjust. [​IMG]

2. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    They are playing chicken!

It's fun to watch them figure out a new enviroment!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    when i took my three big bantys and three ducks to the yard , they stood on a cement block for 20 minutes, looking all panicky

4. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    very funny Farmer Kitty [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They seem to be adjusting well all but 2 are outside and acting as if they have been outside all they're life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by