What is THAT??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jmtcmkb, Nov 1, 2011.

1. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    My 5 week old chicks just freaked a bit when I put some dry leaves in the brooder- I was reading here some put them in the run, so I figured they may like it and I am trying to get the last out of this bedding before they head out for the coop in a few days. You would have thought I was putting acid or something in there- only my barred rock dug right in grabbing them with her beak and running around, the others fled as far and fast away as possible. They are now all beginning to enjoy, but was it too funny to see them run for the top of the waterer and anywhere else they could to observe cucco ( my barred rock) at a distance enjoy flinging leaves around the brooder. I hope I didnt startle them too much I wasnt expecting this reaction. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    [​IMG] how cute!!

3. partsRheavy

partsRheavy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    It's a Poultry Panic!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Talk to them, feed them. reassure them that changes in cages happen....

Poultry Panic is their instinct to avoid predators. They freeze up and huddle after panicking..

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I changed the coop from old saw dust to new and they did not want back in. Go sit down in the leaves and throw treats to them they will get over it soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by