What is the best incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AuberyMirkwood, Jan 26, 2012.

1. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    I looking for a small incubator that can handle 6-12 eggs. So here are my questions

What do you think is the best?

And I'm hatching bantam eggs. Does that make a difference?

Oh and I would prefer an auto turner I think lol

Lay some wisdom on me! :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    I'm no expert. I am trying to find the perfect incubator myself. Yesterday I was looking into the Brinsea Mini Eco. This particular model doesn't have an egg turner in it so you can fit 10 standard hen eggs in it but more with bantam sized eggs. It is on sale right now too on the Brinsea website for $64.99, I think. I understand it is a good starter model and easy to use. Good luck!

Heidi

Oh! And BTW-there is a auto turner model but I don't think it holds as many eggs.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. PsychedChicken

PsychedChicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    I do not currently own a incubator of any sort. But I've been forum scouring and googling like a mad-man to research what I am going to get. From everything I have read and deduced, I have decided that I am going with a Hova-Bator Genesis 1588. One of the new ones thats all digital. Forced air with an egg turner.... I am only doing a small scale set-up this year unless I sell enough babies/eggs to get a GQF Sportsman Cabinet. [​IMG] If not I'll just have to wait until next season sometime.

Thats my recommendation. From what I hear you cant go wrong with one.

4. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    I 100% agree with PsychedChicken. I have heard nothing but great things about the Genesis 1588. If you get this one, you could hatch more eggs in it! [​IMG]

5. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Lol well I don't need one THAT big. I would probably end up using all of it :p but I was hoping $100 or less.
    Thanks for info guys!

6. Tylerkaz@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2012
    Washougal, WA
    you can get a standard hova bator for under $100 with a turner. I got mine without for $50 (new with shipping)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by