what is the breed and gender?? PICS please

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fmizula, Aug 16, 2011.

1. fmizula

fmizula Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i got these two yestarday, i was told i was going to get silkie chicks. these are bantum sized i think but not silkies. it was pouring yestarday so my DH just grabbbed them up into a box and brought them home. what kinds do you think they are?? i dont think they are silkies...

do you think they are male or females?? the all black one seems to hide behind the prettier one.
    DH says three rooster is enough.

felicia

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. chicken crazed 1o1

chicken crazed 1o1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    The all black 1 is male you Should post this what is this breed and gender .

3. fmizula

Aug 8, 2011
    they both have been in quarentine for two days now and they look heathy so far. poops are nice and eating well. do you think that young birds have a harder time hideing sickness? should i be able to quarentine them for less time then a full grown bird?? still not sure what they are or gender... would love some opinions

4. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Quote:Chicken crazed 1o1 wasn't asking what they are, they were saying that there is a section on BYC forum called what breed and gender and it may be a good idea to repost your pics and question on that section.
    I also think the all black is a male, but I don't know what type they are. [​IMG]

5. fmizula

Aug 8, 2011
    ohh i understand. sorry.

6. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Your chicks kind of look a bit like mine when just so young and I will take a stab at it; Barred Plymouth Rock.

JMHO being very new but looks like mine

BAZ...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by