What is the craziest mix of breeds you have hatched?

midget_farms

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Dunlap Illinois
Not sure if thie is the right place or not.

I have a black silkie rooster & he has been breeding with my buff orpingtons & aracauna's.

My silkies are not yet laying (been almost a year they hold those eggs like gold).

In any case - when I get done with the adjustments to my incubator I'm going to try to hatch a mess of these. I wonder what will come out???!!!!!

My very light blue splash Polish Bantam hen and my white Polish bantam hen bred with my black frizzle cochin bantam roo. The chicks are now 6 months or so. They are not frizzled, but are a odd variety of colors. The one roo I kept is sort of a brownish, blueish color mixed with white and has some black spots. He has about 6 feathers on his head that stand up. A couple of the others came out white and nicely splashed with black. Another was a pretty blue. One gold, a couple black, one white, and one that looked sort of like a Robin! They all have a few poofy feathers on their head.

I call them Pizzles.
wink.png
lol.png

I've hatched out Policaunas, (Ameraucana X BBL Polish)
I've put FBCM X GCMs
I've put a Giant Partridge Cochin X Light brown leghorn
Ameraucana X PW Leghorn
BBL Polsih X (BW Ameracuana X BSL)... this one is going in the bator soon. Can't wait

This year I'll be putting a Wheaten Marans roo over FBCMs....

Ah it's all fun.

My first batch of chicks I hatched in an incubator had a black silkie dad and a buff orpington mom. They are soooooooo cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom