what is the customary wait for auction payment?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by slackwater, Jul 22, 2010.

1. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    For non-egg auctions (in which immediate payment is not necessarily required, though would be appreciated), what is the customary wait period for payment? Especially if you have PM'ed and e-mailed the winner of the auction and they have not responded? And if they are a new member (only 2 posts)?

2. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    IMO 48 hours is a reasonable wait time for payment....longer than that, I'd repost the item.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    In the future, put a time for payment in your ad post, something like, "Payment must be received within 48 hours of winning the auction via PayPal" or something like that.

4. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Quote:You live, you learn [​IMG] Will definitely do that in the future. But...I would have AT LEAST hoped for a response by now, even if I haven't received payment.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yeah! That's pretty odd that you haven't heard anything yet.

6. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    I think this is a concern. I also had a new member with only 2 post "win" an auction for free roosters. I have emailed and no reply. I think we may have a prankster lurking the BYC.

7. slackwater

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    That's what I was wondering, but I figured that it was probably just a fluke if it only happened to me.

Maybe there should be a minimum post rule for bidding on auctions?

I have offered my auction to the second highest bidder and am hoping she will take it. I don't want to have to re-list it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by