What is the deal with Pampered Chef returns?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by happyhensny, Apr 6, 2011.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I have ALOT of their products, purchased through shows of my own or friends. I need to return a few items. Expensive stuff like Professional Cookware, Executive knives, etc. Some were gifts from friends, some I myself purchased. I called to get the reference numbers and if I do not have the original receipt or know exactly where the item came from there is NO return. What? Their products can only be bought from a show. I certainly did not steal them. I just don't get it. To make matters worse, or better I suppose, I have a box FULL of Tupperware. Tupperware rep said ut it in a box and mail it back, they will replace everything. No questions asked. UGH! Sorry, needed to vent. Anyone else with any suggestions?

2. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    Sell it on Ebay or Craiglist. Tupperware will only replace an item if it is damaged, ie cracked or broken. They won't take it back and give you your money back.

3. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    You can always use it in our Whatcha got swap!!!!

4. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    Now I had the same issue with Tupperware years ago. The rep said I needed the receipt. What??? Interesting to knowthat about pampered chef now. I have some of their stuff and it's NOT cheap. I wonder if a different rep might give you a different answer, sort of like with my tupperware?

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Do you want money back or to replace the items because they are defective?

6. TheBrumstead

TheBrumstead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Hobart, IN
    Quote:You NEVER need a receipt with Tupperware. It doesn't matter if you buy it at a party, a garage sale, was passed down from a family member. If it's damaged (cracked, peeling, etc, not from something like being burned/melted, although if it's a good consultant, they'll do it anyway), they will replace it with the same item, comparable item or give you a credit.

7. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I have now called at LEAST 5 times. I am really trying not be be irate but we are talking hundreds of dollars. Ridiculous. I wish I could have a positive relationship with PC but apparently my dollars aren't worth it to them anymore. Guess I'll buy more Calphalon and Tupperware. Bummer for PC. I cook ALOT.

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Sorry to hear this - I am having the same problem with a piece of broken jewelry from Silpada (the only piece of jewelry I every spent good money on).

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:What is wrong with the items? I think the fact that there are many items you want to return may be what is stalling your case. I don't think someone normally returns many different items all at once, especially when it equates to hundreds of dollars worth of items.

FWIW, at least half of my Pampared Chef items (I do not have many) were not bought at a Pampered Chef party, but rather at Goodwill or garage sales. I do not know what their return policy is, but I certainly would not expect a replacement for an item I bought used.

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I called to get the reference numbers and if I do not have the original receipt or know exactly where the item came from there is NO return.

Not trying to hurt your feelings, but this sounds like a normal return policy to me.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by