What is the gender of these Ameraucana offspring? 6 weeks old.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Anarchy82, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Anarchy82

Anarchy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Stroudsburg, PA
    I know the mother of these chickens where Ameraucanas. Miracle, Boomstick, and Zombie all came from the same hen. Taco was from a different hen. Both being Ameraucana. Roosters I am unsure of. They were born on Sep 12th, so the are 6 weeks and a couple days old.

I don't know why, I am guessing lighting. But my camera did not want to do good color shots.

I already found out in a prior post that my only white chicken from this incubation hatch (leghorn breed) is a rooster. So I am in a tough spot if I have more then just him. [​IMG] So I need to start planning now if I do. Please help.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Zombie is a cockerel, and possibly Taco. Miracle and Boomstick look more like pullets.

3. Anarchy82

Anarchy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Stroudsburg, PA
    I guess I have some planning to do. Guess time will tell exactly how many are roosters.

4. ronniewayne

ronniewayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    QUEEN CITY,CASS COUNTY
    I agree with the previous post zombie and taco roos...miracle and broomstick pullets..

5. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Looks like your pullets' dad was some kind of crested breed.

6. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Crested/straight comb. Boomstick and Miracle look like they might have peacombs, but the other two definitely don't. They're interesting mutts.

Better pictures of the combs (not so washed out) and feathers in natural daylight would help.

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by