What Is The Healthiest Fish To Eat?

As long they are not foreign raised, I guess they are safe but there has been reports that the US fish farm industry were no better than the ones overseas.

I love fish and its difficult to get some fresh when they ar enot in the frozen section. I like Gordon's grilled fish at the frozen section if no other fish is "fresh enough" are found in the meat section.

salmon, tuna, sea bass all good fish, but of course don't eat TO much tuna as they have a higher mercury content.

sea bass is probably one of the best, not to fatty, delicious fish

I won't touch farm raised. They are fed to many antibiotics and antiparisiticals (sp) . Also with farm raised, you will never see them with the head on. That's because the heads are deformed. I have also been reading that fish farms are harming the wild fish populations. The farmed fish are kept in such a small area and carry a heavy parasite load. Wild fish then swim close by and pick up an extra load of parasites vs what they are normally exposed to in the wild. As for health benefits, the higher up the food chain the fish is the higher the level of mercury. Gold fish eats plants that contain small amounts of mercury, but not all of the plants have mercury= low mercury level for gold fish. Shark eats gold fish, all gold fish have mercury= shark has higher level mercury. (this is just analogy guys, I know there are no gold fish in the sea)

When I took a cooking class, the chef said to buy only wild-caught salmon. He said that farm-raised salmon was genetically engineered and was of questionable value. Don't know if he was right or not - but now I only buy wild-caught salmon.

sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom