What is the highest temp spike you have had and still had a hatch?

Not to give up. The next hatch will probably be better!

If you have your own fertilized eggs, always put a few in with the shipped eggs so you don't end up with a lone chick to deal with.

Quote:
JEEzzz, I was thinking that today. Wish i would of thought of it sooner. I only had one hatch from my last batch. This batch im going to slip in a few of my own.
smile.png

If you have your own fertilized eggs, always put a few in with the shipped eggs so you don't end up with a lone chick to deal with

My highest temperature spike was 114 F but I'm not sure for how long. I only ended up with one chick, I wish I had put my own eggs in... maybe mine would have survived better and acted as a companion.

Also... if you buy expensive eggs, don't buy a cheap incubator. The expensive incubator will be a worthy investment and will have better results.​

Last edited:
Quote:
My highest temperature spike was 114 F but I'm not sure for how long. I only ended up with one chick, I wish I had put my own eggs in... maybe mine would have survived better and acted as a companion.

Same here! I had a spike to like 114 way back when in my cardboard box with heat lamp contraption. Hatched out just one on day 24.

Not with the bater,but I had a hen go broody last August, right before we had temps of 102-106 for 2 weeks straight. I know it had to be hotter than that in the house. I noticed the hen did not cover the eggs tight. She hatched 2 out of 8 eggs. Both were pullets.

Oh, my first with a bater-0% hatch. I could not stabilize the temps. I learned to always have a new thermastat. They don't cost that much.

Last edited:
Make sure the room in which you have the bator the temps are consistent.

Also just leave the house for a couple hours during hatch time or else the stress will kill you.

Last edited:
109 degrees. IN the water wiggler. don't know how long.

lesson learned: get the best incubator you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom