What is the largest of all Quail for eatting

Discussion in 'Quail' started by DaKid, May 15, 2010.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    What is the largest of all Quail for eatting

what breed is best and what is the largest size , [​IMG]

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    For Meat Prouction In A Quality Vs Quantity Way Coturnix From Hatch To Dispatch 12 Wks. Not Nearly The Biggest Or In Many Folks Idea The Best Tasting, But Certainly The Easiest To Sustain And Fast To Reward. Now For Taste And Sumo Wrestler Size--- Butler Bob Whites, Or As Some Call Them But;er Giants... Bobs Are By Far The Best Tasting And The Butler Strain (tho It Runs All Over The Road On Weights) Is The Largest Of Them. But Nothing, And I Do Mean Nothing Happens Quickly With Bobs Other Than Them Flushing When Spooked [​IMG]

As A Caveat There Are Some Different Large Speces Out There, But They Are Rare And Ornimental Which Kinda Makes Them Unsustainable For A Meat Source...

3. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:"EXCEPT" a Walk-By jab with tha' beak with anybody at anytime...........just because!!!!! [​IMG]

4. DaKid

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Why I ask is becuz since I'm raising assortment of farm birds some as pets and some just egg laying and some like the x-rocks and broad breast turkeys for meat , family members ask what I was doing with the asst. quail that I have , but I only rising some buttons quail and some AM Whites and Tenn. Reds as pets ,as of now so I was thing on rising some larger size meat quail for the family members , so it looks like I need to purchase some Butler Bob Whites for them to eat with a price tag to go along with it [​IMG] .

Thanks again
    Alan

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:"EXCEPT" a Walk-By jab with tha' beak with anybody at anytime...........just because!!!!! [​IMG]

YEAH THATS TRUE! I OVERLOOKED THAT.. [​IMG]

6. DaKid

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Ok so what I takin in is that bob's take a long time to grow out an only when there spooks is how -n- only how fast they can be [​IMG] iz this what ur telling me or am I missing da whole picture [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by