What is the little yellow chicken symbol?

DDRanch

Songster
12 Years
Feb 15, 2008
California
What is the little yellow chicken symbol?

found at the left of some of the topics? Is that something the poster adds? I see it on some topic subjects and not on others.

And how does a poster add the words [New posts] to a thread already started?

Just curious.

Anne

the little chickne is for when a new post on a thread or a new thread is started. and the [new post] thing is showing that someone else responded to the post and it isnt longer then 1 page other then that it goes to different page numbers

The new post is clickable and if you have viewed that thread before, and click on new posts - the page should open at the last post you read.

Above poster covered the little yellow chick.

You will also see a black dot next to some threads - those are ones you have replied on.

None of the answers the question exactly. I've done all that you all suggested. However when I post a new post it is never in bold or is there a chick along side of it.
How does one get a chick and bold text?

Last edited:
It's not going to show the chick after you looked at it until someone else posts to it- this is specific to YOU. The yellow chick will appear to everyone else, showing that the post has changed (because YOU posted) since WE were last there.

The [new posts] won't show unless the thread is over a page long, or if there is something new to the thread since yesterday (or past midnight).

ChooksChicks is right. You have read your new post (as you were typing it and before you hit "send"), so it is not new to you.
smile.png

Quote:
Log in under another name, and it will be in bold with a chick next to it. Since that NEW person has not looked at that thread, however once you look it will not be in bold again till someone else looks, and posts to that thread.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom