What is the longest wait for your hatching eggs?

ChickenMack

Songster
8 Years
Oct 7, 2011
I am now on day 25. I read somewhere that it could take 35 days!! So I don't panic, what is the longest you have had to wait?

Note: I candled the eggs last night, there is a large air pocket and I can see the chicks so I thought I would wait it out for either a hatch or stinky eggs.

Unless you are hatching muscovies I would definitely not wait for 35 days. If you are on day 25 and nothing is happening then something has gone wrong I'm afraid. What were your temps, humidity? Bator type?

No, just chicken eggs and I am just trying to be unrealistically positive about this experience. It was an article on e-how on chicken hatching eggs that said the 24-35 days.

I used a Little Giant incubator, kept water in the resevoir but didn't keep track of the humidity but kept the temp pretty close to 99.5 maybe a little up or a little down but only by .5 difference at the most.

When I candled, you can see chicks and an air pocket. But no go, huh?

At this point, I'd tap a small hole in one of the air sacs and investigate. Perhaps you had the humidity wrong and that drowned or srinkwrapped the chicks. Either can happen.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the chicks were dead. I broke into an egg and you were right, not enough humidity. I am heartbroken.

Back
Top Bottom