what is the Manage folders in the Inbox area?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GoldenSparrow, Dec 4, 2011.

1. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    what is the Manage folders in the Inbox area?

when I click it it says make new folders, what are they for?

Thanks so much

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Okay this would be a way of organizing your messages. If for say you are part of a group that is swapping hobby items. You would click on manage folders, then label your folder, with something like swap as the folders title. Then when you open a message from someone that is part of your swap you then have the option of moving the message into the folder. That way all the messages about the swap are in one place.

It works just like folders in your computer. Most of us have a folder labeled pictures. If you make sure that all your pictures are in that folder, you will have much easier time re-locating your pictures later on.

I just created a couple of folders for messages to and from some of my friends, that way I will be able to locate any message from a certain person, without having to scroll around many pages.

What I don't know is if this empties your inbox and sent boxes. I get a feeling that it may. So if it does, then you will be able to keep many more messages than you can in just the inbox and sent boxes. The in and sent boxes are simply folders, and on BYC they do get full. I am going to use this feature.

I figured this out by simply clicking on the links, and following the prompts.

3. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Thank you!
    so if I make a folder, will I lose what is in my inbox curently?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by