What is the Mystery Chick and How Old are the BOs?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SkyWarrior, Jun 30, 2010.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    I bought my BOs today [​IMG] I also added a mystery chick that was supposed to be a partridge rock but the breeder admits somehow another bird must've slipped in an egg. We were thinking partridge rock x EE. What do you think? Also, the breeder advertised these chicks at 7 weeks old. They seem a little younger than that. What do you think?

Mystery chick:

[​IMG]

BOs and Mystery chick:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

That would be about right on the age I suppose. The mystery chick looks like probably a NH or RIR. It's not an EE because it lacks the beard/muffs.

3. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    the mystery chick looks like a new hampshire, and about 2wks. I think the buffs are about 4-5 wks. At 7 wks I would expect the heads to be almost completely feathered

4. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:I've had RIR and the feathering is wrong on the wing. It's actually yellowish with partridge colored wings. I'll try to get another photo today.

The lady thought EE cross because it might have muffs started. I didn't really see that and evidently you don't either. Could it be a BO x Partridge Rock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by