what is the name for this pigeon

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
I have had it a pigeon like this for a while, it has the body of a homing but it has small little feather going down to the bottom of the foot. what is it, what is its common name???

this bird looks sick it is young try putting its beak in water it wings are dropping and the eyes are closed if not dehyderated it is sick looking to me far as a breed really hard to tell maybe a feral with groused legs

thats not even my pigeon, it is a google image, mine has the same legs, I just wanted to know the breed

Does it have a band on it's leg? It it does you may get in contact with the original owner and get some insight on what exact breed it might be. Out side of that I would guess it is NOT a feral bird and could fall into a wide array of breeds in the pigeon family tree. Good luck.

I would guess a homing pigeon.

If it does not come home after a 20 mile toss I am wrong.

Last edited:
the feathers on the legs in the pic would be considered grouse leg homers and rollers have it no one breed can be identified by just feathers on the legs need pic ,

then it must be a type of homer because this my bird can fly 50 miles with now doubt in my head. I give in a name Homer with grouse legs

Back
Top Bottom