What is the purpose of backyard chickens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster Ray

Songster
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
South West Michigan
I just want to vent for a minute and please do not get angry with me But I am really getting frustrated with this forum. If someone post something completely non chicken related it gets hundreds of replies. But when I ask a real question a lot of times I am lucky to get 1 or 2 replies. It seems like when you go to the recent post section 50% or more are not even chicken related anymore. Don't get me wrong I have got a lot of good information on this site but it seems to be getting harder and harder to get real answers to real questions. Does anyone see this happening also or am I just imagining this.

nothing wrong with gabbing
lol.png

I understand your frustration. Posts do seem to disappear rather quickly when there are a lot of members on line. For me though this is my education and my sociliazation. So though I may not know the answer to your question I do like to see pictures of some one else's flock. I know this doesn't help, I am sorry.

Did your original question get answered? There are a lot of smart folks here, they just need to see the post.

If you're hitting the recent post, it is just that.
Try hitting index and going to the appropriate sections to find information relative to what you need.
This forum seems to be made up of a lot of people who have become friends over their time here and there's nothing wrong with a little side fun right?

Use the search function at the top of the page to find posts related to your question.

I think people get burnt out from answering the same question over and over and over again when the forum is searchable. There's only so many times someone can write the same reply about something before they get sick of it.

I try to do a search first before I post any questions so that I'm not asking about something that has been discussed extensively. Plus, searching has found me a lot of great and valuable info - way more than I can get by asking a question.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Same here. I have learned that if I have a question to use the search function first.... if I can't find the answer I then post a question.

Rhonda's right. there is a HUge amount of info on here, you need to go to the right sections.

yes, we hang on here and gab! I love the people here, this is my version of the backyard fence. Most of the people who live near me do not share my world view so I really enjoy hanging out here.

When I have chicken questions there are dozens of people who will answer them, but I try to search first to see if it has been answered before and to make sure I am on the right part of the forum. Check out the sections that aren't random - Mostly chicken talk over there!

Just a thought...

Maybe there is no more reason for people to post because the one or two answers you've gotten cover the subject well, or maybe most people would answer the same way as another person has already posted.

Maybe the question has been asked 200 times on the board already? people do get tired of answering the same questions over and over when the answers can be found via the search function. (not saying this applies to your posts, just a general thing)

Not picking on anyone, again just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom