What is the right Price to pay for Ameraucanas????

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BuffyGRL, Jul 9, 2011.

1. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

I am hoping to get an idea of how much one should pay for a flock of very good quality Ameraucanas?

They are not from a Breeder who is at the top of the Ameraucana Breeders club but they are a member.

They are 21 weeks old. 5 Blue hens and 1 Splash Rooster. All the qualities are great, feathering, leg coloring, conformation, & eye color.

I am just not sure how much I should pay per bird? I have heard people say they sell 12 week olds for $15.00

I don't want to put too much into them, but I also don't want to let a good flock slip me by.

If anyone has any suggestions, stories, or ideas please share.

Thanks so Much in advance!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  2. arenea74

arenea74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Maybe some of the folks on this EE braggers forum in the breeder section could help. I don't have any but like to look at their pictures [​IMG]

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    for 5 hens and a roo that are great looking and healthy, personally, I would pay and expect to pay AT LEAST 15-20$ per bird totaling 100$ or more. That's what I would charge and expect to pay for good stock and if they are better than my expectations-alot more:)

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Quote:I agree completely. And they start to lay between 6-7 months old.

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I sold a young trio of black Ameraucanas for $65.00. I do not recall their exact age, but it was close to 4 months.

6. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I have paid $30 for a pair of blacks and anywhere from $5-$10 for chicks depending on who they are from.

7. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

ok, Thanks everyone. That helps alot. I felt that $20.00 was a fair price for great quality birds. Sometimes it just helps to have reinforcement [​IMG].

Besides myself there aren't many Ameraucana people nearby [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by