What is the sex on these 4 month old bantam Silkies and one bantam Frizzle Cochin (probably mixed wi

GardenKnome

Hatching
7 Years
May 6, 2012
We hatched these bantam chickens from eggs about 4 months ago. We already have one cockerel headed to a new home and wanted to send him some companions too if we were sure they weren't pullets. They are just pet chickens and I'm pretty sure they aren't purebred either so have a go with what you think they are and why you think so, please!

Here is our Frizzle Cochin, my son named him/her Tangled :) Double click for larger pictures. Sorry a couple are sideways, I can't figure out how to turn them.

Silkie #1

Silkie #2

Last edited:
Tangled looks like a pullet to me. At 16 weeks old I would have expected that comb and wattles to be much bigger. My pullets started turning red at about that age but, didn't lay for several more weeks.

Thank you to those who've responded! How sure are we on the Silkies? We have a chance to take them to a new home tomorrow (and it's not easy to find roos homes around here) but it's amazing how attached you get to these critters so we don't want to let them go unless we have to and are pretty sure they are cockerels.

the frizzle looks like a pullet the buff silkie i'm sure is a cockerel and the black is iffy i want to say pullet on it

Back
Top Bottom