What is the single best source of protein?

bfcerny

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 1, 2010
Cheap, common, simple. Tuna, catfood, peanuts? What can i supplement my cracked with?

Mine LOVE catfood. It's nice to be able to give the leftover bits to someone who will enjoy them rather than having them stink up the trash!

If you want a really cheap protein source for the summer, I started another thread on here about trapping earwigs. If you have a lot of them in your garden that's a great free source of protein
smile.png

Quote:
I agree completely! This year I've been giving my chicks a hardboiled egg every day. Not only do they go crazy over it (even more so than mealworms), this year's batch of chicks has feathered out and matured noticeably earlier than my batch last year.

Quote:
It may be a good source of protein, but seems a bit strange to me. If you have chickens for the eggs and you need to feed them eggs for protein....

Quote:
It may be a good source of protein, but seems a bit strange to me. If you have chickens for the eggs and you need to feed them eggs for protein....

I have around 100 totally free hens, most lay in the nest areas but there are some that don't , i find nest all the time,they get feed back to chickens and dogs as well as all the eggs that may get dirty or have other defects.

Besides i never sell all the eggs i collect in a week unless the holidays are coming up..

Eggs never go to waist here even if i have excess.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

Quote:
You want ONE protein ingredient to mix with your cracked corn, is this correct?

What do you intend to use for a source of water soluble and fat soluble vitamins?

What will be your source for Calcium and Phosphorus?

How will you provide Trace Minerals?

Back
Top Bottom