What/is there anything to do for this

dg14

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 1, 2014
I had 6 chickens, 1 of them ended up being a rooster so i had to give it away. that was over a year ago.

Anyway, so i have 5 chickens now 1 barred rock (dusty) a buff orpington (goldy) and 3 wyandottes 1 of them keeps to themselfs and the other 2 have a thing for each other one of them are always pecking the crap out of the other one randomly. and i hnestly feel bad cuz she is just being a "bleep" to the other chicken she minds her own business to. anything to help a overly aggressive chicken?

No one else has replied so I'll give it a shot!

I have heard that if you take the bully hen away from the flock for a few days, when you put her back in to the flock, she will be at the bottom of the pecking order. It goes against what you think you should do....instinctively you would think to take the submissive girl out.

Good luck :)

No problem. I'm not the most experienced chicken keeper, so maybe someone else will come along with better advise :)

There will always be someone pecking someone else...crap rolls down hill in the pecking order.
As long as no one is excessively bloodied and/or pinned down/trapped and beaten without cease, just let them work it out.

There will always be someone pecking someone else...crap rolls down hill in the pecking order.
As long as no one is excessively bloodied and/or pinned down/trapped and beaten without cease, just let them work it out.

This.

Back
Top Bottom