What is this baby bantie?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicks&Chihuahuas, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Chicks&Chihuahuas

Chicks&Chihuahuas Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    I got a new little brood yesterday, and I know what 5 of the 6 are. There is just one I'm unsure of. I'm pretty sure the store got them from Ideal, and the only guess I have from their site so far would be a Red Quill Dutch, but Never having seen one I'm not sure. Any ideas what she (I hope) might be? Thanks!

This is Cleopatra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Could be a Buttercup. I don't know if Ideal has them in bantam or not, but that's what I'm guessing.

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Dunno, but that is what my red haired freckle faced cousin looked like as a small child.................ok, the chick is cuter. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My red haired freckle faced grand nephew looked like that too. He turned out to be bad.[​IMG] He is Polish, but that chick is not.[​IMG]

5. DrRob

DrRob Out Of The Brooder

It looks like it has partridge feathering on its wing and a slightly darker collar so my guess would be that - a light brown bird with partridge feathers.

Regards
    Dr Rob.

6. phasian

phasian Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Oregon
    I also think this is a Sicilian Buttercup. It looks like it has a double comb and leg colour often changes during maturation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by