1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what is this baby chick? any guesses? im new here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by magicwings, Feb 9, 2015.

1. magicwings

magicwings New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    Newnan
    Hey guys I'm new to the chicken world but I love it. I have had a couple silkies but I'm ready for some laying chickens now. My Hubs brought home some wyandottes gold and silver for me today as a make up suprise. He knows me so well!!! Melted my heart! And so did the two odd little chicks in the bunch. He said he couldn't resist and the guy he got them from had no quesses. I think he bought and hatched the eggs so they may have gotten mixed in. The first is very small and marking a little different, but he may just be a little wyandottes. The second is a lavender/yellow and has feathers down the legs, and a small but defined comb at a week old, looks to be slightly bearded as well. [​IMG]/height/400[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]Any help would be appreciated!

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    The best thing you can do is wait until they are feathered out more (when chicks have beards and feathered legs it's easier to tell as chicks) I'm wondering if that one on the bottom is a lemon blue (if that's possible) or a porcelain d'uccle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by