What is this!!! Badly Undeveloped egg? Intestine??

Dec 21, 2020
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
IMG_0675.JPG

Does anyone know what this is? My chickens free range and i found this on my deck! Im assuming is from the chickens

It's a soft shelled egg with a tail. Looks like it just has albumen (whites) in it. Could be just a glitch.

What do you feed?
I would provide oyster shell free choice. If you see that again and know which hen/pullet expelled that I would be inclined to give her 1/2 Caltrate (with D3) for 3-5 days.

It's a soft shelled egg with a tail. Looks like it just has albumen (whites) in it. Could be just a glitch.

What do you feed?
I would provide oyster shell free choice. If you see that again and know which hen/pullet expelled that I would be inclined to give her 1/2 Caltrate (with D3) for 3-5 days.
I feed this
https://www.petcircle.com.au/produc...n1WcVfZ2uuCEwjLiMcBoC9CYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
I also have made egg shell calcium stuff but i haven't made it available to them yet i will do that straight away!
Question: Do you know why it was in middle of my deck and not in the nest box or even near the nest box?

I have no idea why it was on the deck, but ime, soft shelled type eggs generally are not laid in the nesting box. I can only assume those don't make a hen feel the "urge" to get into a nesting box but that's just a guess on my part.

I would always make oyster shell or if you are feeding back egg shells- make those available free choice.

She is a brand new layer?
This feed is a layer type feed with calcium in it, correct?

Stop.
The feed you have linked above is all they need for a complete balanced diet. It is better for them.

Everything that you are feeding besides this feed is taking away from them receiving a balanced diet which will lead to problems.

Back
Top Bottom