What is this bird?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickiemom25, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Chickiemom25

Chickiemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    North Alabama
    it was a brown chick.. about 7 weeks old now.. neck is still missing alot of feathers. the tuft on the head is throwing me for a loop... she is the head of her coopmates despite the fact the white rock is now passing her in size. any ideas would be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TeriyakiChicken

TeriyakiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Western Australia
    I don't know what she is but she is probably some kind of mix.
    Why is she missing feathers one her neck? is she okay?

3. Chickiemom25

Chickiemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    North Alabama
    this is to be the UGLIEST teen ever. Her feathers have been coming in uneven.. Her neck is pink skin under patchy brown fuzz and black feathers.. No one is picking on her, she is just the most gangly thing I have ever seen compared to the other 4 pullets. the white on her chest and red on her back seems to be newer colors too.

4. tuthillny

tuthillny Semper Fidelis

Sep 27, 2010
    Ulster Co. NY
    I would say that this is a cockerel. At 7 weeks old he has a good size comb, wattles, and the feathers are coming in uneven - these are all indicators that she is a he. As far as breed goes - I have no idea. Sorry.

5. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ditto..........Pop

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:yep

7. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I have a couple EE roos, with the same tuft, most likely bred with a polish I suspect...but I agree, roo

8. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    [​IMG] Could she be a hatchery quality Crevecoeur or mix? They have a tuft on their head. [​IMG]

9. Rocky Road

Rocky Road Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Looks very similar to my Polish x Ameracauna's. But mine didn't have the uneven feathering but did have a brighter chest on the roosters.

10. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    N&MSchroeder :

[​IMG] Could she be a hatchery quality Crevecoeur or mix? They have a tuft on their head. [​IMG]

not sure, if you were addressing me, I don't know what this woman and her "hatchery" **and I use the term loosely** had wandering around her yard...I can post a pic of one of them..not your typical looking EE's either...they will be impressive when full grown!)
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by