1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is this blue chicken??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by landob123, May 22, 2016.

1. landob123

landob123 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2014
    I picked up a mix of chicks from a local feed store about a month ago. All the chicks looked identical, they were all black with some light silver on the chest and underneath. As they have gotten older they are all starting to look very different from each other. The two I am most interested in I have posted pictures and would love some ideas on what they might be? They are just over four weeks old now. Sorry for the crappy pictures they were the best I could get.

The first one started out as a mostly black chick and has now become a silvery-bluish color. With some really light tan around the neck and chest. Here's a picture. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

The second one may be a little harder. It also started out as a black chick and is starting to get some pretty reddish-brown on wings and neck. Any ideas on this one?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. chicky1016

chicky1016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    South jersey USA

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    They look like mixes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by