What is this breed of chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DinosaurChicken, Aug 29, 2013.

1. DinosaurChicken

DinosaurChicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2013
    [​IMG]
    What breed is this baby chick? It has yellow feet and a yellow beak. Has some dark shades on its wings. Skin color is white. It has really big wings compared to other chicks. It is smaller than the silkie chicks around it. It is super amazingly fast! Anyway do you know what she or he is(hopefully she)?

2. DinosaurChicken

Aug 2, 2013
    Here is another pic.[​IMG]

3. DinosaurChicken

Aug 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. DinosaurChicken

Aug 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

5. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Looks like possibly a banty/game bird mix.

I have an EE banty/game bird mix, and it's wings were really long like that...it finally grew into them...now it has to grow into its tail [​IMG]

Lady of McCamley

6. DinosaurChicken

Aug 2, 2013
    It could be. I got it from mcmurray hatchery with a group of silkies. I not sure if they would give me a mix.

7. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    If it was the free chick added for body warmth in packing, they can add anything they deem of no value...so they totally can give you a hatchery "oops."

If it was supposed to be a buy 6 and get 1 free of a "surprise" breed, it should be whatever breed that they had excess of at the time.

Hatchery quality is often not standard breed quality. They have a lot of birds going through and are not always on top of their breeding programs.

No matter. Looks like it will be a cute little tyke.

Lady of McCamley

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by