What is this chick?

SMT1994

Hatching
May 21, 2022
Ordered chickens from meyer on April 4. Blue Andalusian, white leghorn, some kind of French leghorn that starts with an E, which I can’t remember how to say, and copper marans. This one is supposed to be a brown leghorn but she has a topknot?????? What is she? I will keep her and love her no matter what but I’m just curious as I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. Is it possible to have an accidental cross-breed in a factory setting like meyer? I wonder if she will really produce large numbers of white eggs, or if she is something else entirely. Please help!

Attachments

• 9D8695E5-54BC-4DB0-B3C6-AC8057D6BC72.jpeg
    9D8695E5-54BC-4DB0-B3C6-AC8057D6BC72.jpeg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 71C7C5E7-F363-4169-B238-79CD194D2355.jpeg
    71C7C5E7-F363-4169-B238-79CD194D2355.jpeg
    773.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 61624A30-E0D6-4C39-A3FA-5888497402FF.jpeg
    61624A30-E0D6-4C39-A3FA-5888497402FF.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 7
From left to right, Easter Egger or Black Ameraucana, perhaps Blue Copper Marans, perhaps Cream Legbar (could be Easter Egger), Exchequer Leghorn (that's your layer of white eggs. It could also be Mottled Ancona but based on your description, Leghorn seems more likely), and White Leghorn!

From left to right, Easter Egger or Black Ameraucana, perhaps Blue Copper Marans, perhaps Cream Legbar (could be Easter Egger), Exchequer Leghorn (that's your layer of white eggs. It could also be Mottled Ancona but based on your description, Leghorn seems more likely), and White Leghorn!
I know the breeds of the other ones- stated above. I just can’t figure “topknot” out……. Her colors don’t exactly match brown leghorn and they don’t have a “crest” like she does, either. I looked at mottled Ancona like you suggested but that’s definitely not it.

I know the breeds of the other ones- stated above. I just can’t figure “topknot” out……. Her colors don’t exactly match brown leghorn and they don’t have a “crest” like she does, either. I looked at mottled Ancona like you suggested but that’s definitely not it.
The third from the left :) She appears to be a Cream Legbar. I was speaking about the mottled one to the right of it because I wasn't sure if you wanted to know about all or not

The third from the left :) She appears to be a Cream Legbar. I was speaking about the mottled one to the right of it because I wasn't sure if you wanted to know about all or not
I think someone below is right- a crested cream legbar! That’s something fun and different for my flock that I’ve never had 🙂🙂🙂

I think someone below is right- a crested cream legbar! That’s something fun and different for my flock that I’ve never had 🙂🙂🙂
Crested Cream Legbar and Cream Legbar are interchangeable terms. They are not accepted by the APA but the proposed standard lists them as "Cream Legbar" rather than Crested Cream Legbar. That is why I referred to it that way. The prefix of crested doesn't clarify anything in the US-all Cream Legbars are crested. In the UK however, there are multiple varieties of Legbars-Cream, Silver, and Gold the latter two lack crests. :)

Back
Top Bottom