What is this chick?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aggieterpkatie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    It's the only one I can't ID!! Any thoughts? It's a bantam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LadyShred

LadyShred Songster

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Check out ancona chicks. Maybe?? This one's got me researching . . .

3. Now that is a cool looking chick. Hope it grows up to be a beautiful hen or roo. Good Luck !!!

4. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:I think you might be right! I googled "Ancona chick" and got some pictures of similar looking chicks!! Thanks! I'll be curious to see what it grows up to be!

5. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    Although, this is a bantam. Are anconas bantams? [​IMG]

6. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Songster

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  7. LadyShred

LadyShred Songster

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    I think ancona might be more or less a color, so if that was the case there could very well be ancona bantams. I'm not at all familiar with it though. I know there are ancona ducks that grow up to be black and white (or rather white with random patches of black), that's why I mentioned ancona.

But that chicks is very pretty - you'll have to post pics of it growing for us so we can stay tuned!

8. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Songster

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Anacona is a breed, not a color. [​IMG] Their color is referred to as mottling.

9. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    i think its anacona did you get it at a feed store because ig got 2 from TSC who gets theirs from Mt healthy hatchery

10. jenni2142

jenni2142 Songster

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    That looks just like my bantam Pansy. It was obvious at just about 2 weeks he is a roo. Still haven't figured out what he is, he is not much bigger than when I got him and is now 5 weeks old. Is feathering in beautiful with a sweet temperament. I looked at the Ancona pics and the leg color is very different, mine was always white with pale legs. Also kind of looked like Japanese bantam chicks I saw somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by