1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is this chicken breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by paigeioli, Aug 30, 2016.

1. paigeioli

paigeioli Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2016
    Tampa, Florida
    I got a mystery bunch of less than fertile hatching eggs. This little guy/gal is the only one who made it. I have no idea what the breed is. Maybe RIR or sex link?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    If lil chick is a barnyard mix, it is even harder to determine the variety. I had EE that looked similar but not exact.
    As chick grows, it will be easier to determine variety. WISHING YOU BEST... [​IMG]

3. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    It looks young enough to try feather sexing it. Look up feather sexing in this forum. Use the search function. You just compare the length of the feathers on one of the wings. doesn't matter which. Of they are all one length, they are one sex. if they are different lengths, they are the other sex. This needs to be done before 4 days old. It sure is a pretty little chick!
    Best,
    Karen

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    too young, post photos at 6 weeks or so

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington