What is this chicken breed?

Camilladavisss

Chirping
Dec 12, 2020
I got this chick from rural king in the pen with the americanas but this chick doesn’t have the fluffy cheeks. She lays a bright blue egg. But she doesn’t lay often. She is a shy breed and is pretty small compared to my others. I would love to know what breed she is. I have always thought she could be a prairie bluebell egger. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 015B7788-1F69-43AF-AE4A-9AF82C9B18A4.jpeg
    015B7788-1F69-43AF-AE4A-9AF82C9B18A4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
I don't think this is very likely.
Feathered legs is a dominant trait. Brahmas have feathered legs, so I would expect some amount of feathering on your girl. But she doesn't seem to have any feathered legs.
So I think she is an EE. Or an Americana. (Both of which are the same thing)
NOT an Ameraucana.
So basically her coloration just looks like a dark Brahma but she isn’t mixed with one.

Ok thank you. so you think she could be breed between a Americana/ Easter egger with some other breed?
Easter eggers are the result of mixed breeding. They aren't really a breed, just mutts. Americana's are a breed, and when you breed them with something else you get an Easter Egger. An EE mixed with something else would also be a mixed breed, Aka another EE

Is it possible she was mixed by a Americana and a dark brama
I don't think this is very likely.
Feathered legs is a dominant trait. Brahmas have feathered legs, so I would expect some amount of feathering on your girl. But she doesn't seem to have any feathered legs.
So I think she is an EE. Or an Americana. (Both of which are the same thing)
NOT an Ameraucana.

Back
Top Bottom