What is this D'Uccle?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FeatheredObsessions, Aug 9, 2010.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Does anyone know what "color" this is called?

[​IMG]

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    brown red most likely but its hard to tell

3. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    He's still very young. Should have waited but thought maybe someone knew [​IMG]

4. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    He still looks very young. My mille fleur D'Uccles looked very similar around 4-5 weeks if I remember right. It takes time for them to get the pretty white spots in their feathering, I think I can see a few peeping out on your little roo already!

ETA Does he normally hold his tail like that? I think it still needs to fill in quite a bit but my chicks held their's up a lot more.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    if he were MF dont you think that he would have a buff base?

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  7. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    That is a poor picture but it was late. He usually stands much different but the other pictures were blurred by poor light. They were already in for the night.

The others all have already colored out. They really look like Mille. I'll look for the pictures and see if even a bad one might help ....

8. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Here are a few of the other chicks that hatched from the same eggs. He looks SO AWFUL IN THESE! Really the Mille look pretty but they have their feathers up in the air all alert in this picture so they look like roadrunners or something [​IMG] I'm not really thinking i like these guys as much as I had hoped though.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by