What is this feather footed bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by superchemicalgirl, Sep 5, 2010.

1. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Hi. I was at Smiling Hill Farm today (Westbrook Maine) and they had these feather footed bantams in a cage and I was in love. The caretaker didn't know what they were (I got: "I think they're german"). Whatever they are I'm pretty sure their legs aren't supposed to look like this... scaley leg mite?
    Could someone please identify them for me? I want to get some next spring. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    Porcelain d'uccles... and ouch those feet look like they hurt!

And if you're looking for some in the spring I have several lines of SQ birds and can ship ya some eggs [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  3. Pegs_eggs

Pegs_eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    NH
    My guess would be Porcelain D'Uccle. They look a lot like my Mille Fleur D'Uccle except for the color [​IMG]

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

porcelain d'uccle

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Porcelain D'uccles... and you need to treat their feet for scaley leg mites NOW!.

I have a spray I use as well as I use PAM the cooking spray.. .it seems to work but with feet like that, you'll need to used it daily when they go to roost for at least a couple of weeks.

BTW they are very pretty birds.

6. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I told the caretaker that I thought they had scaly leg mites and needed to be treated (better be considered a busybody and at least plant the seed than ignore it).

And hopefully one of my 32 hens will be broody next spring, I would LOVE to get some eggs from you... I got 30 standard chickens in April and now I've gotten into bantams. Sigh. The coop addition is ALMOST finished. I swore to myself no more building...

Approximately how much are your eggs (I know it's hard to predict but ballpark...)

7. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    I'll sell them for $ 1.00 each. I can ship a dozen safely for $ 10.00 . Just pm me when you get ready in the spring [​IMG]

8. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I have some of them and i love them! Yeah, soak their feet real good to slowly get that off of them. Also VetRX is awesome stuff!

9. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Porcelian D'uccles - beautiful birds.

You'll love them when you get some eggs/chicks next spring [​IMG]

I hate to see someone elses birds who are in poor sickly shape - especially like that with leg mites ugh those poor guys. Hope the 'caretaker' takes care of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by