What is this hen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenlady21, Dec 1, 2012.

1. chickenlady21

chickenlady21 New Egg

Oct 29, 2012
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. chickenlady21

chickenlady21 New Egg

Oct 29, 2012
    Ok I messed that up! She is the brown one in the middle. Here is a better pic
    [​IMG]

3. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Maybe, just maybe an Easter Egger!?! I can't really see her face, but if it looks like she has puffy cheeks/feathery... then she is defiantly an EE.
    [​IMG]..

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    single comb no cheek puffs and wrong body shape I dont think its an ee but my mom has a few orps that look like this and they are a mix of buff orps and black orps

5. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    looks like it might be a Black Sexlink. There are a lot of color combos that you can use to make them.

6. chickenlady21

chickenlady21 New Egg

Oct 29, 2012
    She was sold to me with Black Copper Marans. She thought it was a Marans. I don't think it fits any of there patterns. I will get a better pic today she has reddened up and is beautiful to look at! Lays white eggs which also puzzles me.

7. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Are the eggs a very lightly tinted tan? I have 2 Black Sex Link pullets that looks almost identical to her (the other 20 are the typical bsl pattern). They can lay brown eggs that are so light they're almost white. She doesn't have white earlobes so she really shouldn't be laying white eggs.

edit: Here's a picture of one of my non-typical colored BSLs.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  8. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Oh and just looking at the first picture you posted, the hen in front is a Black Sex Link also.

9. chickenlady21

chickenlady21 New Egg

Oct 29, 2012
    The others are Black Copper Marans, they lay the very dark eggs. The Wheat colored hens egg today look darker than white. I will go with the sex link idea then. As good as any I've had! Thanks guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by